Black is back. Two weeks after the launch of the Xbox 360 Elite, the dust has settled, quite literally all over the Wii.
Here’s the low down on the new UK Xbox360 Elite. The Elite has a 120 GB detachable hdd, 1 black wireless controller that has a rumble, headset, 1 HDMI port (includes HDMI cable)
What else do you need? A 3yr warranty. Gold membership after the month trial elapses. A wi-fi adapter. A few games – Ghost Recon, Bioshock !
Alternatives: PS3, Wii, X360 Premium, X360 Core.
- PS3 does not come with HDMI, that adds an extra £20+
- PS3 does not come with a headset – extra £30+
- Far better catalogue of games
- Xbox Live!
- *Download Service Launch Winter 07
- PS3 does come with blu-ray player. Adding a HD DVD player to the
- Xbox 360 Elite will cost a hundred pounds +
- The disc is much quieter, but still sounds like an aircraft under the television.
- Reliability issues
- No wireless adapter 😦
Overall the is the 360 we should have got two years ago. The core system is now the same price as the Wii. Verdict? Game play and graphics are far superior, if that’s what you want from a games console.